Monday, February 4, 2019

It Came From the Fandom: Magical Soundtracks

Here we go again. I seem to be relying on these types of posts more frequently lately. I gotta get my groove back somehow.
The fan content I choose to highlight this time around is Magical Soundtracks, a YouTube channel that posts, almost exclusively, music from the Disney theme parks. Their particular area of specialization is music loops, be they from themed areas, shops, restaurants...even hotel lobbies and special seasonal events. Here's a timely one, considering the Year of the Pig starts tomorrow:


I'm always excited to see that they've updated, especially since the quality is so high—many theme park music archivists rely on induction recordings and shotgun microphones, which tend to produce listenable but not stellar audio. Magical Soundtracks, I believe, obtains reference recordings of loops and then reconstructs them using source tracks. So there's a lot of hands-on editing work that goes into this channel as well. The results literally speak for themselves.
Here's a few more of my favorites from this channel:




Have a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment